Southern Sweet Tea
Spring is just around the corner and that means it’s time for some refreshing Southern Sweet Tea.
If you are like me, you love a refreshing glass of real Southern Sweet Tea. Here is a really easy sweet tea that everyone will love and is great for any occasion – especially hot summer days.
- Sweetener – use 1 cup of sugar to two cups of water. Heat over medium/high heat in sauce pot until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat
- Tea – Using a larger sauce pot, bring 6 cups water to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add 4 Family Size Luzianne tea bags to the pot and steep for 5 minutes. You can go longer but your tea will get stronger – if you like that then go a little longer. I use Luzianne tea but you can use whatever brand you like.
- Once your tea has steeped for 5 minutes, remove the tea bags and discard. No need to squeeze the bags out.
- An important step for smooth, refreshing sweet tea. Add a pinch of Baking Soda to neutralize the tannins in the tea. Very important if you want really smooth tea.
- Fill a 3-quart container with about 2 quarts of ice – this will be your dilution of the tea.
- Pour the sweetener and tea over the ice at the same time. I find that mixture is just the way I like it – the perfect balance of sweetness and good tea flavor.
- Optional – I like to add a little fresh lemon to add some additional flavor. A manual citrus juicer really comes in handy here – makes squeezing the juice out of the lemon very easy and catches the seeds at the same time. Bonus!! I use one average size lemon and that gives it great lemon flavor without overpowering the tea. Add slices to each glass if you like.
- Stir to mix and cool the tea. Tea is instantly ready to drink over a glass of ice.
There you have it folks. Real Southern Sweet Tea and easy to make.
Photo credit – Glass picture of tea is courtesy of Today.com Other photos are taken by me.
If you enjoy reading Midwest Bliss and find our content enjoyable, please consider making a donation to help us keep our site operating. Thank you for visiting Midwest Bliss
If you like any of our photography, please send us an email to requests prints or other artwork. We’re happy to share our work.
Don’t forget to follow along with Midwest Bliss.
Leave us a comment – We like to hear from readers.
All material © unless otherwise stated.
Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I simply provide you a link to the product on Amazon and if you purchase that product I am paid a small commission. The price of the product is the same to you with or without my assistance – there is no cost to you for using product links on my page.