Merrell Moab 2 Hiking Boot
Looking for a great hiking boot? The Merrell Moab 2 is a great option for the novice to experienced hiker.
The Moab 2 is a very good hiking boot from Merrell, and with the brand recognition of Merrell, you know you’re getting a good product.
The Merrell Moab 2 line of hiking boot/shoe comes in several different models depending on your need – Waterproof, Ventilator, Gore-tex, low top, mid top, and even a Moc – Who knew? Great options for this shoe.
Moab 2 Likes
- Great construction
- Excellent mid-foot support
- Aggressive sole for good traction on wet, uneven surfaces
- Warm – could be a downside in warmer weather. If you are hiking in summer temperatures, you may want the Ventilator Low top. I would say the Waterproof Mid is a three season hiker (milder winter regions).
- Water resistant – I haven’t had these boots fully submerged, but I did walk through water that was slightly over the sole and my feet did not get wet. Merrell claims waterproof, but I cannot verify that just yet.
- Multiple styles to fit the application you want – a big plus!!
- Price – Very affordable
Moab 2 Dislikes
- Heavy – at 2lbs 4oz (as advertised), not the lightest but certainly not the heaviest. I hike in the Midwest, so a heavy boot is not necessary. You could get away with lightweight, low tops most of the time. My feet and lower legs tire quickly in these boots.
- Limited color – I preferred the Granite, however, most vendors only carried one color and online vendors were sold out of most sizes.
- Break-in period needed – Merrell claims “out of the box comfort” but I found these to need several wearings to loosen up a bit. No doubt they felt good but my pair was quite stiff.
- Sizing may vary – I upsized about a half size and they were still slightly snug until broken in. Online shoppers, please keep sizing in mind and consider upsizing a half size from your normal shoe size.
Where to buy
With brand recognition like Merrell, you can get these shoes at most outdoor outfitters, big box retailers, and many online vendors. Merrell’s own website appears to be quite good, however, I bought from a brick and mortar store.
If you are looking for a pair of these Merrell Moab 2 and are price sensitive, click HERE and check Amazon. You will likely find good prices through Amazon if you are into buying footwear online. Just beware that there will likely be some limitations with a particular size in some colors.
*Affiliate Link – The link is my Amazon Affiliate link. You will not be charged for using the link.
The Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof Mid is my first entry into the mid-height/waterproof hiker. I really like this boot and there are relatively few drawbacks.
I would give the Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof Mid a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
If you enjoy reading Midwest Bliss and find our content enjoyable, please consider making a donation to help us keep our site operating. Thank you for visiting Midwest Bliss
If you like any of our photography, please send us an email to requests prints or other artwork. We’re happy to share our work.
Don’t forget to follow along with Midwest Bliss.
Leave us a comment – We like to hear from readers.
All material © unless otherwise stated.
Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I simply provide you a link to the product on Amazon and if you purchase that product I am paid a small commission. The price of the product is the same to you with or without my assistance – there is no cost to you for using product links on my page.